Today, network services need to be reliable, scalable and secure for a growing number of devices and internet users. Adopting a solid DDI (DNS-DHCP-IPAM) backbone is therefore essential to strengthen your IP infrastructure foundations and support your business. But before making a decision, it is necessary to take several factors into account.
Some of the key benefits provided by DDI solutions
As enterprises have to face new challenges- the increasing number of IoT (the Internet of Things), the transition to IPv6 (the Internet Protocol Version 6), the growing importance of protecting personal information, wireless connections and devices, etc.- each of them has to quickly adapt network services.
While IT managers are already aware of the significant benefits provided by integrated DDI, their challenge is often to convince IT directors. But implementing a DDI solution in your system would truly reduce the time and cost spent on network management. Here are some of the key benefits of one of these solutions:
- They provide more efficiency;
- They maximise network availability;
- They improve the security of your system;
- They enhance visibility across your network infrastructure.
You should definitely have a look at surveys released on the internet, explaining why and how DDI solutions have become an essential component for several infrastructures- small and large alike. It is worth noting that usually, DDI vendors propose a payback period. Read more on http://www.efficientip.com/products/solidserver/.
Some advice before adopting an efficient DDI solution
Best DDI solutions provide a great view of what’s happening on the network and where. On the long term, they inevitably simplify your tasks and provide a more accessible, accurate and maintainable network. But there are a few questions you have to raise before implementing a DDI solution to your system, such as:
- Is it easy to use? Your DDI solution should indeed help you easily manage all services from a single pane of glass. Note that it is better if it involves no reboots or licensing, which can be both tiring and costly;
- How reliable is it? Your DDI solution should include certain features, such as a disaster recovery and reporting in order to respond to management issues quickly and efficiently;
- Can it improve network management? By managing DNS, DHCP and IPAM together, your DDI solution should facilitate and improve network management (by enabling authorised devices, for instance);
- Does it save resources and money on the long-term? Make sure that implementing an integrated DDI is really profitable for your business before acquiring one;
- Will it secure my network? DDI solutions are largely contributing to the consistency of your IP address plans management and avoiding errors, thus securing your network.
Finally, you should also wonder whether your DDI facilitates IPv6 deployment. Do not forget that your DDI solution should include DHCP, DNS and IPAM together in order to simplify network management. Before making any decision, make sure your basic infrastructure is secure for implementing a robust DDI. Deploying this smart solution across your network will truly make a difference and help you remain competitive on the market.